Special thanks to guest Bloggers Lin and Leon from Vancouver B.C's Orange Memories Photography for sharing their great article with us at WPIC.
A good business portrait is essential to your business because it's part of your brand. It promotes your professional presence everywhere such as business cards, websites, brochures, public relations, press releases and of course social media. A professionally created business portrait is an important tool to convey your identity to the public and connect you with your potential clients. People see who you are and are more likely to feel like working with you.
Here are a few tips that will help you get great business portrait
- Be confident about yourself. Remember. What you are feeling always gets portrayed through our lens. So be confident, you will look confident. Be happy and you will look happy. Your business portrait should showcase that you are an accomplished professional.
- Smizing. Smizing means smile with your eyes. Don't worry about the few wrinkles that might go with it. A genuinely happy person is too positive to let a few wrinkles to get them down.
- If you need a hair cut, do it a few days before the photo shoot.
- Wear clothes that fit you well. Wear colours that complement your skin tone.
- Wear makeup in moderation to accentuate your assets and downplay any undesirable features. Get a professional make-up artist if necessary.
- Straighten up during the photo shoot. Don't hunch.
- If you want to hide your double chin, tilt your face slightly upwards.